18th March 2021, 11:00 - 12:00 CET ¦ Little Blue Research, eftec & bsi
In this session committee members drafting the BSI Natural Capital Accounting standard:
1. Provided an introduction to the BSI and the process for developing a standard
2. Introduced the BSI standard with a particular focus on key features of natural capital accounting
3. Discussed how natural capital accounting can contribute to answer key questions like:- what are the main impacts and dependencies on nature;- where and how they can reduce their negative impacts and enhance the assets they depend on; among others
4. Referred to examples of where companies are beginning to use the BSI approach
5. Linked the work on the standard to other market developments such as: UN System of Environmental accounts, broader accountancy, etc.