A collaborative series of workshops to address the “what, why and how” of business engagement with NbS
Want to know more about Nature-based Solutions (NbS) from a business perspective? Curious about how NbS can be integrated into your business model? Join our collaborative workshop series where expert panellists will answer all these questions and many more.
Learn why NbS are important for business, with expert speakers who have pushed the boundaries of innovation.
Understand how NbS can reduce business risk and build resilience.
Gain practical knowledge on NbS for business, including global criteria for designing, verifying and scaling up NbS projects, and the latest financing mechanisms.
Be a part of a growing business community increasing their resilience to disaster and climate risks while protecting biodiversity.
Gain a course certificate to show your participation through joining live or through taking the course at a time convenient to you.
Three workshops are planned
- Introducing the business case for NbS for disaster and climate resilience: the “what” and the “why",
- The IUCN Global Standard for NbS: how to measure performance and impact
- Financing and insuring NbS for disaster and climate resilience
Receive a certificate
- Receive a Certificate of Participation for each workshop after taking the quiz.
- If you miss the live workshop you can still watch the recording, complete the quiz and receive a Certificate of Participation.
- Earn a Certificate of Completion for attending all the workshops (live or recorded) and completing all three quizzes.
- Score at least 70% to pass and receive your certificate. But don't worry, you will get multiple attempts to get it right!
Register for the workshops
Places are limited so don't delay! The workshops will be conducted twice each day to accommodate to different time zones.
Workshop 1 - 17th June 2021: Business introduction to Nature-based Solutions for disaster and climate resilience – the "what" and the "why"
Workshop 2 - 24th June 2021: The IUCN Global Standard for NbS: how to measure performance and impact
Workshop 3 - 1st July 2021: Financing and insuring NbS for disaster and climate resilience
UNEP, WBCSD, IUCN and Oppla, supported by the We Value Nature campaign, will deliver these workshops to provide introductory training to businesses on NbS for increasing resilience to climate and disaster risks.